Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Temperature 2010: Gyptian and Tarrus Riley

This past Saturday, we went to Temerature 2010-an reggae concert featuring Gyptian and Tarrus Riley. I've been waiting for this concert for a few weeks now, so I was extremely excited to be there. I've never attended a reggae concert in the caribbean, and with Tarrus Riley AND Gyptian, this one was bound to be bananas!! So of course, I had to take a couple of pics as I got dressed and in the car on the way-I was feeling particularly cute that night ;0) We met up with our friends Tracy and Warren, Dervin, Leonard, and Warren's cousin, and we had a great time. Since the tickets had no start time whatsoever, I just knew this concert would last through the night. I think we arrived at around 10pm, and the stadium was pretty much empty! The DJ was amazing, and they started to bring the local artists on stage at around 11:30. Gyptian didn't hit the stage until 12:30 and by that time the crowd was hopping! We left the concert sometime after 3am and head over to a local club called Mojo's. I have no clue what time the clubs in Georgetown close, but the club was just getting packed at that time. I realized that I may have lost some of my youthful vigor as I fell asleep in the car on the way home that morning. I was so knocked out when we got home, I didn't get out of the bed until 3:30pm on Sunday. Tracy and Warren were having a fish fry at their resort, Pandama Retreat (www.pandamaretreat.com), and I totally missed it 'cause my butt couldn't get out of the bed! smh!!



Black LOVE!!




Jewel, ready to take a seat after a loooooong night!



No comments:

Post a Comment