Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dee in the city!

Today, I went to Georgetown with Jewel-she dropped me off downtown while she went to the office. I did a bit of shopping at a Guyana stores, and then walked over to the National Library. Just like the hospital in Linden, I was stopped by a guard who told me that I couldn't enter the library with my arms bare ;0( I wish I could take a pic of the dress code sign, but as a single lady in the middle of downtown, I don't think it's a smart idea to whip out an expensive camera and start snapping pictures like a tourist. I'll try again when I have Jewel with me.

Anyway, I'm wearing a red sun dress and I'm beginning to believe that my style of dressing might be a little inappropriate for Guyana. Get this: I actually thought I was dressing conservatively! With the level of heat we're dealing with every day, I thought it would be natural for women to wear tank tops and spaghetti straps. Apparently, I was wrong. So, I guess I'll save my tank tops for the house and cover up mi sholders and ak like a propa sweet gyal!

No comments:

Post a Comment