Tuesday, June 8, 2010

First post!!



This blog is intended for my family and friends, particularly for my grandmother, Enid Edelgertha Benjamin (Motherdear). She left Georgetown, Guyana as a young teen to live with her mother in Trinidad, WI. There, she met and married my grandfather and had 4 kids, the oldest of which is my lovely mama, Joy. For the summer, I am staying with her younger brother, Neville, his wife Juliette, daughter Jewel, and Jewel's son Tariq. I'll be playing and visiting with the rest of my grandmother's brothers and their families, as well as my grandfather's family during my stay. I hope to use this blog as a way to document my journey to the land of my grandparents' birth and to give Motherdear and my mom a piece of Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago, the countries they love and miss so dearly. I am so grateful for the opportunity to make this journey. This is for you, Motherdear!!

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited to experience your summer experience of 'home' through your blog! What a sweet message for Motherdear - enjoy yourself for me; I miss you already sis!

    love, Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be such an amazing journey! Thanks for letting us tag along.

    See you soon- Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to document as much as I can-I hope you guys enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi cuz! What a great blog and a great picture (I haven't seen Auntie Enid since I was little)! I wish I could be there enjoying Guyana with you! Maybe next time, I hope! Keep on having fun, be safe, and please give my love to Jewel, Tariq, Uncle Neville, Aunt Juliette and the rest of our GT family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete